Based in Lille, France
22 October 2013 (PC, PS3) 7 February 2014 (Steam) 15 April 2014 (PS Vita) 1 July 2016 (Xbox One)
Your name is Ethan, a rat that got touched by meteorites giving him the power of telekinesis: freezing time and moving objects around him. He is now looking for more meteorites that fell in his surroundings to get more power and his revenge against his neighbor who destroyed Ethan’s house! Freeze time and manipulate the world with endless possibilities: build the solution YOU want where nothing is scripted and levels can be solved in multiple ways. With its unique blend of precision platforming and time-stopping physics-based puzzles, you may die repeatedly and feel like a hero when you succeed!
We started Ethan: Meteor Hunter as employees at Hydravision and we had been working on it for about 4 months when the studio closed its doors. We decided then to bring the team back together, buy the IP and our computers to start our own independant studio. We were also able to buy the homemade engine used for this game have been working for 8 months on it as Seaven Studio.
- When Super Meat Boy and Braid got together - Unique blend of precision platforming and time-stopping physics-based puzzles to race through a gauntlet of ruthless hazards
- "Okay just one more try" enabled - Difficult without frustration as you respawn instantly: you don't know it yet, but you'll love killing Ethan
- Telekinetic gameplay with real time physics - Pause time and move a wide array of objects with their different properties to build the solution you want, nothing is scripted: levels can be solved in multiple ways.
- Play more than 50 levels within 3 different worlds
- Hardcore completionist gamers wanted - getting all the fragments, 100% of the achievements and secret bonuses
- Replay value - Time-attack, fragment collection or minimum number of pause goals in each level
- Leaderboards - once you've mastered the levels, will you be the fastest one?
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Arabic, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Czech, Finnish, Norwegian, Hungarian, Greek, Turkish
So Many Ways to DieYouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- ""Digital Game of the Year 2013"" HCGamer.pl
- "Finalist at the Indie Showcase Develop 2013" Brighton, July, 2013
- "Finalist at the Indium Game Contest 2013, European Fantastic Film Festival" Strasbourg, September, 2013
- "Ethan: Meteor Hunter is one such pleasantry."
- Ben Barrett, RockPaperShotgun.com
- "Ethan: Meteor Hunter - The super-tough PSN, PC game made by 'bastards'"
- Sinan Kubba, Joystiq.com
- "A brutal platformer riddled with inventive puzzles"
- Martin Robinson, Eurogamer.net
- "It makes Limbo look like Barney’s Hide & Seek (...) This is the holy grail of puzzle-platform junkies, the crème-de-la-crème of a genre that’s already known as aggravatingly difficult."
- Jared Rosen, Indiestatik.com
- "Platforming with a solid blend of the physics puzzles are where Ethan: Meteor Hunter really stands out."
- James Haresign, Strategyinformer.com
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Seaven Studio allows for the contents of Ethan: Meteor Hunter to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Ethan: Meteor Hunter is legally & explicitly allowed by Seaven Studio. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.seaven-studio.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=ethan_meteor_hunter.
Our Ethan postmortem seaven-studio.com.
What they think about Ethan: Meteor Hunter seavenstudio.promoterapp.com.
About Seaven Studio
Seaven Studio is a small indie french based studio of 6 people working on PC and consoles. We self-published Ethan: Meteor Hunter on PS3/Vita/Steam (and survived its bad sales), now working on Ludum Dare 23's jam winner: Inside My Radio! We try to engage and get feedback from gamers as much as possible, but it ain't easy every day!
More information on Seaven Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ethan: Meteor Hunter Credits